First painting project of the semestre. Black and white exterior layout with separate day/night tonals and colours.
Original pencils based on my studies of Marvão, Portugal. I really liked photos I'd seen of two houses nestled into the walls of the city and wanted to do something with them.


Top: The "flat" tonals, over which we then had to do day and night tonals (left and right, respectively). Couldn't help but include some shading in the flat tones, which made doing the day tones more difficult as it then required doing something more drastic with the lighting. Tried to cheat the tiles, not exactly a success. I couldn't align them properly with my original perspective, but the effect is nicer than plain ground would've been.

Finals for the day and night layout. Colours were overlayed on top of the black and white tonals.